Now why would I say congrats to Bill, Well today was his first day. First day of what you might be thinking, I think you better call him to find out. But he is a happy boy! So in honor of his hard work and dedication I cooked him a yummers to his tummers meal. It is a chicken and rice recipe that I got from a sweet lady in IL and boy, oh boy, did Bill go nuts when he got his first bite of it. If you wan the recipe just let me know, although I changed it around a bit for less sodium and better cheese than the original.
And then I got thinking about RS. Which by the way, next to testimony meeting is my favorite class. But sometimes comments made really bug me. Now I do know that everyone means well, but this one time in particular we were having a discussion about getting back to the basics of things and cooking came up. And did those little old ladies need to say anything little about that? They started talking about how the "kids" (meaning married folk younger than 40) these days just don't cook anything from scratch anymore. Back in their day everything was cooked from scratch (I guess, I am just going by what they say). And some even say it is only preparing a meal unless it is cooked from scratch. Well, this is what I say. I bet you those ladies were part of the generation where if you got married as a woman then you no longer could keep your job. Which meant you were a stay at home WIFE until the chitlens came. So what else do you do after the house has been clean and you still have 10 hours left in your day? Good for them for being able to still cook like that after the kiddles came, and good for them if they still do it. As for me, if I open a can of this, and a jar of that, add some spices and through it with some meat that I stood over the oven for, by golly I am calling that cooking.
Sorry, I am on a rampage but I just needed to get that off my chest!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Congrats to my little Billy
Posted by Alisa at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So happy for you Bill! Keep up the good work! miss you guys..melissa C
what a gansta with his hat and all:)...p.s. love the indian blankets on the pubelo ladder! holla! and about the "meal" deal...well as long as the husband and fam are happy with what your fixing that's all that matters right? Who's to say cooking from scratch is the "thing" that makes you a better wife..or woman...please...
Looks like you cooked a fabulous meal, congrats! You can totally call that cooking, thats what I do and I call it cooking :) You're awesome! HOpe Bill's job goes well.
Well I don't know what the first day was for but, CONGRATULATIONS! That home cooked meal sure looks good to me. Nice work! :-)
I am proud of you cuz, looks like a good meal. and old women always think life was harder for them than it is for us, it is just how it goes. I mean, they had life so "hard" i bet they all walked to school up hill both ways in 10 feet of snow too every day! summer or winter! never take things old people say personally.... they just say it to make them selfs feel good, and make them feel like they worked harder than we do, and I can go on and on and on. but I know exackly how you feel on those comments that women make in church.. kinna ruffels my feathers, but then i just say to myself, that i am all that and a bag of chips, and they want to be me! ok later.
Haaaay girl! I'm so glad that you found me!!! Your blog is so cute! I feel like I know you so much better now!
So...do you sew those blankets and aprons?!? If you do...I'm totally impressed! Seriously they are so freakin cute! And I'm going to need some!
AND you even cook for your husband! FREAK...your a good wife!
I'm excited to keep in touch through this blogging world! See ya early tomorrow! :)
first year mark of being an American Citizen? First A+ on test? Whatever it is, glad yo' missus cooked you something good!
Post a Comment