Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Extreme home makeover (well, not quite yet!)


I took my first midterm this week. Yippy, I can not contain my excitement! Anyway, I have one a week for 3 weeks. It's nice that it ended up being that way, but at the same time we still have regular class at the same time, and one of my classes started added another chapter to read every week and 2 more tests every week. So for that one class we read 2 chapters and take 4 tests, plus our midterm, plus our other classes. It is good times.
Bill is doing well, he was able to catch up after his trip and he is stressed out as ever. This is his hardest semester yet, and I think of his program. Hopefully next semester is a little easier on him.



Instead of going crazy I decided to make my house a little cuter on the college student budget. Meaning spray paint from Walmart (that is where it is the cheapest so far) and stuff I already have, or stuff the DI has. SO this is mine, this is how it has looked in 3 apartments and about 4 years. I needed a change.

These are the before pics... and yes those shoes will be donated to the DI as soon as the wind dies down and my little tarp (or surgical drape) won't flap around.




Here is the after. Don't judge me on my mirror cleanliness. That is as good as it gets until finals dangit!




These are done, and drying as I type. I am really excited to get some prints in there I have been meaning to get done. Now I gotta do it!


I will post my newly distressed and painted blue picture frames another time. Got to leave you wanting more!

2 comments:

KayStar said...

at first i thought your make over was the paper and books on the floor, and i was proud of you, but your new yet used stuff looks good too. i will not bother you about bloging or hanging out anymore, sniff sniff, i will wait for life to calm down for you. i love your guts.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Nicely done! Isn't it great when you can change your stuff with just paint? VERY cool!

Good luck on the finals. :)

Donna