So first I will tell you about our Christmas really quick. I had dinner for 10 peeps, I was all stressed about it all month and the day finally came. Luckily I am not as dumb as I look and a lot of it could be made the night before. So with the help of my sis-in-law and mi madre everything turned out fine except for the funeral potatoes that decided they wanted to stay cold. After all was said and done though, I realized how much I took for granted when my mom, aunts and Gma did it, and I don't want to do it ever again! Thee end!
Christmas morning we woke up to my cute nephew's and niece's excitement that Santa had come, ate most the cookies and just two bites of the carrots they left him. I don't think Santa is into carrots, or else the carrots were expired, either way, the cookies seemed to be a big hit with the jolly old man. They were happy as clams to discover this though.
I realized that I am becoming an old woman. We got a warming electric blanket for our bed, and even though I got some yummy perfume and sparkling bling, my favorite gift was the practical utility bill money saver, the blanket. Bill and I also got almost matching personal blankets, since mine seem to own feet and end up with Bill. He loves his own now and I can cuddle with mine by myself, finally since the feet have been amputated from the blanket.
OK, so back to New years, the last day we went to Alcatraz and when we got off the boat immediately we thought of you Clint. This sign was right in our face bringing back sweet memories of you!
The cells are 3 stories high and itty bitty. They could have been smaller as far as I am concerned since I am not a big fan of criminals and think they deserve much worse than they get.
Big white building on the right is prison, not sure about the one on the left, the automated tour was so long we turned it off and left.
I guess this is what Bill would look like if he did go to prison though, although he may have more of a disgusted look on his face with the whole toilet situation.
This is Bert. He cawed at me when I walked past then turned his head when I looked at him and acted like he didn't. Sneaky little guy.
So yeah, there you go, Alcatraz, doesn't seem like a fun place to live.
So here is a little story. We and by we I mean Bill drove around the city and I just rode and the hills there are ridiculously steep, I mean ridiculous. So we were going down this one hill, and at the stop sign the intersection flattens out, we couldn't see the next hill until our noses got to the edge of it, once we got to the edge Bill turned because we were scared our car would end up rolling nose over butt all the way down. It was scary steep. These San Frans better be mighty happy it doesn't snow here, and if it does they better stay toasty warm in the apt until all is melted. I could imagine some crazy accidents happening around here.
1 comments:
come on bill, you dont like the toilet by the bed? i thought that would be a pluss for most men.. but it lookslike you guys had fun
Post a Comment