Friday, January 16, 2009

Am I lame or what?


I have done it. I have shamed myself and fallen into peer pressure. I read all 4 of the Twilight books. I know, I know, I tried to stay away, I bought the books way back in August and let them collect microscopic dust mites for a few months until that fateful day where my library books were due and the closet my town calls a library didn't have anything that would hold to my hearts content, and that is when I opened the black book. I am in no way a vampire or werewolf kind of person, nor am I into lovey dovey I love you more, no I love you more love kind of person but I did want to see what all the fuss was about. It's ok, but I don't think I will go out and buy the perfume, or where a wedding dress to Barnes and Noble the day when Edward comes out with his book, but I think I will go see the movie. But those who were totally engrossed into the books though, more power to ya!


But what I am most excited about is reading this book. Eeeeck, I can not wait to lift the cover of Confessions of a Shopaholic and laugh my little head off as my eyes graze the words of this book, and then be the first in line to the theater to see Isle Fisher, cute as a button she is, star in the Movie. I can not wait!


And then I guess since I am not going to school this semester like I hoped I would I will read a book that Bill was reading for one of his classes last semester that i spied with my little eye. Maybe I will be able to gain a few smart cells in that brain of mine as well! Maybe not, but I could pretend.

Ok little tikes, I am sitting here with foil on my head and I can hear the crack, snackle, and pop of the bleach busting through my hair strands only to keep me young, hot and blond, well at least the blond part is true. Time for a rinse and maybe a repeat before I jump in to my fresh and comfy bed that now smells of fabric softener and dryer sheets that somehow mimic a green field full of fresh bloomed lilies and steams of sunbursts dancing through the almost cloudless sky. I know my dreams will be full of Bill and I holding hand in hand and skipping through the grass in our whitest of polo shirts and preppiest khaki pants, laughing the whole way. Oh, our little golden lab prancing just a few feet ahead of us chasing the blue fluttering butterfly. Thank goodness for marketing right, gets even the best of us during an economic crunch. Next time I may fall for that fuzzy brown teddy bear that seems lovable enough to wash my 700 count Nordstrom rack sheets in.

7 comments:

KayStar said...

not too lame... hello! me kaylynn, who never reads books read it, i liked them, but i am not in love with the books, nor edward. it was just a good book... and i wish you have sweet dreams of you and bill running in your white cloths. love ya and sorry you are not in school as you planned. you will have to bring me up to speed on that one.

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Oh gosh...I can't believe you read all 4! Ha ha! Kidding...I read the first and I LOVED the movie.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to read the Shopaholic one before I go see the movie OPENING DAY! I can't wait for it. Baaaaaaaaaa!

You're so good for reading so much.

gollyjess said...

I have not fallen. Perhaps I am the last to not be bitten by the Edwardo bug. I will stand strong for you. If you need a pint of blood, I am A positive. But you will have to wait until after June because we prego chicks cannot give blood!

Jennelle said...

Finally updated our blog! What were you going to go to school for? We hope you and Bill had a very happy holidays!

Mrs. W said...

You're so weak! I can't believe you did it! *sigh* I suppose it is still okay for you to talk to me even though you turned to the dark side *sniff* ;)

lbliss said...

can i say book worm!!! :) I found myself actually not liking bella towards the 3rd book. she was dragging stuff on and on..but loved the first book...maybe it should of stopped there:)

KayStar said...

please post new blog.... super bored...... want new things to read..... love me!