Thanks for the hate mail ladies. Surprisingly you three actually blog way less than I. But yet I get the slack when I take a little computer vacay. I guess I deserve it though since I am sure I have told all of you to make a new freakin post on your blogity blog too! At least I know somebody is reading this, so I guess you have given me a blog-esteem boost. But you know, I don't think I am going to post all our pics just yet, nope, I don't think I will tell you about Christmas either. I am a brat and I am going to take full advantage of that now, and you my dear friends will just have to keep driving by for what is to come next, so ha!
So on to our trip to SF, CA. New Years was a grand ol' time. That day we went to lunch and shopped then dinner and then back to our little hotel room. Bill passed out around 8:30 and I watched the ball drop NYC time and then fell asleep watching the Wedding Date. We are big time party animals, wooo wooo!
New Years day went to Napa Valley, the closest thing I have ever come to Tuscany (I guess) It was so beautiful though. All the wine vineyards are just like you see in the pics and the little sometimes big houses are flippin adorable.

We toured a winery in a castle. You see we could have gone to another quaint little joint, but figured the castle had to be the one cause that is how
we roll.

This is our new buddy Paco. Totally looks like a Paco too don't you think.

And of course, here are all of Paco's cousins just chillin at the castle.

Just your average scenery in the Valley. it's not like it is picture perfect
everywhere there, just 99% of it is.

So ok, I learned a little bit about wine while we were there, and since I knew slim to none before I got a pretty good education if I do say so myself. So these big silver cylinder thingys (I said pretty good education, cylinder thingys is not the technical term) is where the de-seed and de-stem the grapes, then they get to ferment (I think)

K so I know this is blurry but stay with me. These others we will call them silver cylinder thingys number dose, these are where the grapes separate the good from the evil, the juice separates from the grape, the inside separates from the peel and once fermented even more someone comes along and stirs it all together again. Now if I have anything about this wrong just keep your cute little mouths shut, cause I am feeling quite confidant that I have it right. And since I have had my blogging-esteem back up again there is no reason to tear me down peeps.


So then the wine gets poured into these barrels and "aged" for 2-3 years.

So let me just tell you about this storage, It is the biggest basement I have ever laid my baby blues upon, since it is a castle and all, and the thing is filled to the brim with full wine barrels. Now if you think about how many people will consume that much wine...that is a lot of merry folks running around.
So then it gets bottled and sold, and yes, those bottles are full. All of them. There are even more not pictured.

Just another random pretty vineyard.

Here is me wishing that our New Year can be filled of new fun and exciting places we can travel to.
And my hot husby thinking about how hot he is. As is sizzlin, sssssssssss!

he is modeling his jeans that he got when he exchanged some slacks that he later exchanged for some other article of clothing. French Connection knew him by name at the end of our trip, and after all the returns, they were probably happy to see him go! what a stud muffin. he also got to earn his new nickname Gus. After Gus Porticallis on My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Watch the show, hang out with my hubs, you will realize that they are brothas from anotha motha. Fo real y'all.

We were driving that is why it is so blurry, but I thought is was terrific that these buildings had Christmas lights on them. Such festive skyscrapers! Such a festive City. They kept their Christmas tree up all New years weekend.

Ahhh, alas, The bridge, as in Golden Gate. it was cute, glad we got pics to say we have been there before, great for scrapbooking, but come on, now, I know that I skipped a lot of days during American history, and I slept through those that I actually showed up to, but I don't get why the Goldy is so popular. If it were up to me, which it definitely should be, I would have to say that the Bay Bridge (which I though was the Golden Gate and was disappointed cause it wasn't red anymore until I realized there is more than one bridge here) should be the popular one. The Bay Bridge is like 3x longer than little goldy, paint it red and there you go, something way cooler. Plus Bay has Christmas lights on it, therefor it is a supreme bridge.


Bill gave me this hat for Christmas, isn't it so cute!

San Fran baby, home of the Rice-O-Roni

The sun did come and visit on our last day there. That was so nice of it! Thanks Mr. sun. now follow us to Utah and melt our snow.

So this is
part of the Bay bridge. Isn't it precious.

Why do they need all these things? As in all the metal bars and stuff, I get for support, but is all of it really necessary? Does anyone know about bridge construction? I don't get it.


Now just you wait lil fella, there is more to come, so y'all come back now ya hear.
5 comments:
Wow! what a blog! your new years sounds kinna like mine, but drew had to work so i fell asleep at 9pm. And your wine explamation, makes sence to me, (i also know nothing, but it sounded like it works). thanks again for the blog, it was good to see you are alive and well, and i will forgive you, i didn't know you guys made it to ca or not. love you and bill
You're so lucky that you two get to travel and enjoy being together so much! I am jealous. :) Your new years eve sounds as fun and eventful as ours was. Cute pics and what a beautiful place Napa Valley is!
Wow! It looks like you had a way awesome vacation. I love all the pictures you took. You're becoming quite the little photographer. I'm glad things are going well for you and Bill. I can't wait for your next post with more pictures. :-)
what up g! looks like you had a good time. Perhaps it was all that wine that put the boy to snoring at 8:30 instead of after midnight. I had a friend in h.s. that named his parrot Paco and they would shower together, so Paco is a delightful name for anything of avian "flu" variety! Looks like you had a good time in the rainbow city. That's what I like to see!
YAY YAY YAY!!! Finally you post your fabulous pictures and story of SF!!! You got some amazing pictures girl! And yes, I love the hat the hubby got you for Christmas! It looks like you had so much fun and it makes me want to go back!!!!
Baaaaaaaaaaaa!
Thanks for the dedication! :)
Post a Comment