I found out that I will be meeting my MIL in a few weeks and decided that maybe should get some projects that are lying around the house done so she doesn't think I am a slob! I had the maintenance guy at work cut some wood for me to make some signs, then I had a girl at work make me some vinyl sticker words from her cricut (spelling).
I fist painted them the color that I wanted the letters to be
Then I placed the vinyl on top and sprayed with that very same color (this helps with bleeding underneath the stickers. Whatever bleeds will be the underlying color) When this dried, I left the letters on and sprayed a different color on top. When it was all dry I started to peel the stickers off.
I had to do a little bit of touching up where the wood had big divots and the top color bled under the stickers. Wasn't bad though. Then I sanded and distressed the signs.
Th cute arrow I bought at JoAnn's for 50% off ( I couldn't pass that up!)
Then I used the same process for the "Wish upon a starfish" sign but I used scrapbook letter stickers. I wasn't very smart though and forgot to paint the under color on top of the stickers before applying the top color. When I took the stickers off the letters were almost unrecognizable because all the white bled and covered the brown letters. I tried to free hand it but not to impressed :( Oh well! I gave a sign like this to my mom for Mother's day and my cute little nephew said, "wish upon a starfish, that's kind of weird!" So now I am self-conscious and don't know if I still like it!! haha funny how a 5 year old can do that, but he is so dang cute and smart I can't help but listen to his opinion! I'll give it some time I guess...
3 comments:
Alisa!! I LOVE your signs!! Seriously they look like they came otu of Pottery Barn. Well done, girl! We still need to hit up some yard sales and the D.I. I just went tonight and found some gems!!
absolutely adorable!!! LOVE it! you are so crafty!
wow so cute! good job, you're so cute and crafty!
Post a Comment