Monday, January 21, 2008

I have a dream...

Because this man had a dream and fought for it Bill and I can walk down the street holding hands and only have a couple people stare. I hope some day there will be no more prejudice. I hope that our kids will play with every race of kids and they will be color blind. I hope that someday we will never hear of racism at our jobs, school, or church. Bill is a better man than any white man I have known, and the color of his skin has made him stronger than any white man for the challenges he faces everyday, but he chooses to be a better person than those who present the challenge to him. I used to be ignorant to racism before I met him. I never saw color and didn't imagine anyone else did. But I have also seen that those who know Bill and try to get to know him have changed their hearts from hate to love. There is more to someone than the stereotype you see on t.v.
How long has it been since you have heard or read this speech. When did you graduate Elementary? For most that would be the last we have heard it. Take some time to hear it again.
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm

0 comments: