Sunday, August 14, 2011

Finals week chicken chilli

I have loved chicken chilli but never made it because I figured it would be a hassel to try to cook the chicken, shred it up and then put it in the chilli. I want easy. Well, I found it! So easy that I made it the day before finals so it would last us the next couple days.


Crock pot easy chicken chilli:
1 can white beans (I try to use low sodium for all can foods if available)
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans (I like light red)
1 package frozen corn (totally forgot this at the store so I used 1 can)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 28 oz can tomato sauce
cumin
cayenne pepper
garlic powder
black pepper
1 package taco seasoning
3 breast of chicken

Throw all ingredients into crockpot except for the chicken. The spices I probably used about 1 tsp. on the cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and with the garlic powder I probably used about 2 tsp. (give or take). mix it all up and stick the whole chicken breast on top of the chilli. Set the crock pot 4(high)-8(low) hrs and relax (or study for your finals). When it is time to eat, take the chicken breast out and shred them on a plate (I just use 2 forks to shred), then put the chicken back in the chilli and mix well. Serve hot. Top with fresh grated cheese and tell the hubby to clean the dishes!!


P.S. see those yummy garlic rolls in the background...super easy. Recipe to come soon!


Once again, I can't use spell check anymore. Blogger, if you are reading this, what is up?? So, ignore all typos and mis-spellings.

1 comments:

Brookie Bee said...

I'll have to give it a try, thanks for the recipe!