Ingredients:
1 box cake mix and whatever is need to make a cake
1 tub frosting
1 package of chocolate coating for candy making
Make the cake as directed and cook. When it is done and still warm take a fork and shred it to bits and crumbs and dump it in a big bowl.

Take the tub of frosting and mix it with the cake crumbs. I use just less than the whole tub. Then stick the whole bowl in the fridge for a while.

Take the mixture and start to form balls the size you want. I like mine bigger than a truffle that you would get at a candy store. I put the formed balls on a cookie sheet on wax paper and freeze them for at least 1-2 hours.

Melt the candy coating as directed, I like the microwave instructions best. Then take each ball and dip it half way in the chocolate and set it back on the cookie sheet. When all the balls have been dipped half way, grab them by the hard chocolate side and dip the other side and set back on sheet. This is the best way I have found to make them look clean and crisp. You can add sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.

If you are weird like my husband then you crack the cakeball open, scoop out and eat the insides, and throw the chocolate coating away. Otherwise, just eat the ball and enjoy the goodness!!
1 comments:
oh my goodness! I so want to try these, they look amazingly yummy!
Post a Comment