Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A great man

Bill came home from his work with this package yesterday. When I asked him who it from he just said work. I just got done reading the card and I am quite impressed. I am so happy that Bill has this job. He comes home happy all the time and really enjoys what he does and who he works with. It has been such a great opportunity for him.


I haven't put anything about Bill's dad on here cause Bill told me not to, but after seeing that his work gave him this to let him know they are thinking of him I feel like I should put something on here.


Most of you know that Bill's dad had been battling a brain tumor for the past 2+ years. Bill's mom had done an excellent job of taking great care of him and helping him live with comfort during his suffering. At the end of Nov. Thomas passed away. While it is sad and a hard time for the family, with the faith we have grown up with, we know he is in peace and in a better place.
I never met him but from what I have been told he was a great man. He helped make Bill who is today and I am happy with that. He also left behind a great wife (Bill's mom), who I will hopefully meet soon. He will be missed and will continue to be loved.

5 comments:

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

i am SO sorry to hear about bill's dad! we had no idea he was ill, but let bill know that he and his family (including you, of course) are in our thoughts and prayers. it's times like this when i am most thankful for the knowledge that we have of our heavenly father's plan. take care and best wishes!

Unknown said...

Alisa & Bill- I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. I am glad that knowing he is in a better place comforts you though! I miss you both and am glad you are otherwise doing well.
Ter

Cheerfully Charmed said...

I didn't know his dad was sick. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope all is well and if you need anything let us know! XO.

Zandra said...

I was sorry to hear about Bill's Dad passing. I hope that you two and his family are doing well. I know his Dad must be so proud of the man that Bill is today! God Bless.

gollyjess said...

I am sorry about Bill's father. I am glad that you know he is in a better place and he is watching over you two now. Please let Bill know we are thinking of him. I am glad he likes his job, that makes a huge difference.