Sunday, March 11, 2007

Home sweet Home

So, this is our new place. It's a 2 level town home. As you can see we have a side porch and a balcony, how fun! This covered car on the left of the picture is our psycho neighbor's. I think he has a case of little man's syndrome, how fun for that too!
This is where our good friends the Walker's will sleep when they come to visit. (Hopefully soon) My mom will also sleep here when she comes to stay (soon I hope as well). And someday hopefully my cute little niece will be waking up her parents in this room as well.
This is where the magic happens (when we are not tired that is)! Our master is bigger in this apt. Bonus, but our bathroom and tub are half the size of our last =(
This corner on the right is my favorite corner in the whole place. Love, love this table with the decorations that my creative mom help put the stuff together last year. (if you click on the picture it will enlarge and then you can see how cute it really is!)Bill tried to take the table to his side of the bed for a night stand and I started having chest pains on him. Poor guy, he has to settle for a floral patterned chair.

Ok, so these blurry pics are my shoes. I am so proud of them. After years of just throwing them around I finally got them organized. You see, we have 2 walk-in closets in our room. One, in our bedroom, and the bigger of the 2 in our bathroom. I gave Bill the one in the bathroom. Why would I give Bill the bigger of the 2 you ask? Well, he is a boy, and it is in the bathroom. Hope that answers it for you. So, I had to get rid of some clothes so I would no longer trip on my shoes and will now keep them in drawers. A nice pat on my back.
The drawer on the right has all my favorite shoes which just happen to be espadrilles. My birthday is May 20th, for those of you who don't know what to get me, I wear a size 9-9.5. Thanks so much!
More blurry shoes.
And yes, more blurry shoes.


So, here are the stairs I was so excited about. Moving our king size mattress around this corner wasn't the most exciting, but it got through.
This is our nice big pile going to good will. Some day I will actually take it there.
This is the first time I am trying to combine my Mediterranean/Italiano stuff with my African stuff, all in one room. Seems to work so far.
We gave away a bunch of stuff that wouldn't fit in this new place when we moved. It was kind of hard to find takers of it. But everyone who helped us move was trying to put dibs in on our sofas and t.v. which weren't for sale.




This is what our apt. complex calls a kitchen. When we walked through the model before we even agreed to rent here I guess we didn't pay attention to how small the kitchen was, I was so impressed with upstairs and all the room that had. So, when I got the keys for the first time and walked in and saw how small it really is, I about fell over. It is half the size of our last kitchen (our last kitchen was less then half the size of our kitchen in Utah). So, now I have kitchen stuff living in our laundry room and our coat closet. Oh, what fun!
This is the cleanest our desk has been since I started going to school out here almost 2 years ago.







0 comments: