Thursday, February 15, 2007

Eww!



I did eye surgery today. Not a big fan, but the surgeon's were great to work with. It was a cornea transplant from a donor. I was grossed out at first, but once the original cornea was taken off and I could see into the eye better it was amazing. The cornea and sclera (white part of eye) are pretty tough. It boggles me how intelligent heavenly father is to make up the human body and how all the pieces and parts make up a whole. Who else could have thought of this stuff?

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ok, you are going to have to put up a new post fast because I can't have that eye be the first thing I see when I open your blog! Gross! But, I agree, it is quite fascinating.

Anonymous said...

oh my word..that scared the living day lights out of me. I am glad it is your job..! You are very brave! Melissa